Kale & Sweet Potato Enchiladas
One of my go-tos in the kitchen is Mexican. Tacos, enchiladas, you name it. I have some taco tricks up my sleeve…I mean these look good right?
But, thats not why we are here tonight. I would like to share these other, less photogenic, red chile sweet potato enchiladas instead. Yum! This recipe is LOOSE – I don’t think you can mess it up, so feel free to add, remove and swap ingredients to your taste.
What you need:
- 6 flour tortillas + toothpicks
- One sweet potato (cooked and peeled)
- Bunch of chopped and destemmed kale
- One chopped onion
- Pinch of minced garlic
- Chihuahua cheese
- Frontera Grill Red Chile Enchilada Sauce
- Avocado for topping
- Refried back beans (optional for side)
- Preheat oven to 400*F
- Combine cooked sweet potato, kale, onion, garlic in large bowl
- Place heaps of above mixture into 6 tortillas (there will be leftovers) and top each with chihuahua cheese
- Roll each tortilla up like a taco and secure with a toothpick in a casserole dish and then fill the gaps with the remaining kale sweet potato mixture
- Pour Frontera Grill Red (or Green) Chile Enchilada Sauce over the dish and sprinkle with chihuahua cheese
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling
- Serve with diced avocado on top and a side of refried black beans!